- The production must not have been released previously.
- Remote entries are allowed!
- You should only submit your own work. In particular, copyrighted material is strictly forbidden.
- You CAN start working on your production NOW. The production does NOT need to be made 100% at the party place.
- Deadline is saturday 2016-12-03 @7PM CEST
- Winners will be determined by voting from all visitors.
- Entries may be disqualified by the orga team if deemed innapropriate (pornography, illegal content...) or breaking the rules listed here.
If you have questions regarding the rules, feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the first time, you can enter a compo with food! Yes, actual food, like, from your kitchen.
- All the dishes will lined up with a number (for voting), author(s), and weight.
- Remember that ideally everyone at the party should get a bite to be able to vote eventually. Planning for a 1-2 person dish is probably not going to make you popular.
- Plates and cuttlery will be made available at the party place, you don't need to provide them.
- Dishes will be voted for exactly like other compos, cook for win!
Size limited intro (1k, 8k)
Play with a few bytes!
- Combined size of all files must fit within the allowed limit.
- Note that 1k means 1024 bytes or less. Counting is done in bytes, *not* characters (beware of Unicode).
- The production has to work offline. (no HTTP server required, no internet connection).
- You are NOT allowed to retrieve content from the Internet.
- You should not use any operating system provided media files such as the "Media" and "Music Samples" directory.
- You can use built-in generic fonts such as serif, sans-serif.
No size limit, but it must be real-time!
- No maximum filesize. However don't try to run a movie in an iframe.
- Must be non-interactive.
- You can retrieve external content from the Internet, but it is at your own risk. We shall not be liable for connection problems during demo projection.
Produce an audio track!
- Maximum length is 8min. Anything longer will be cut by the almighty god of the demoscene, so you may want to cut beforehand if you need control over the ending.
- Any music style or tech is welcome, from chiptune, amiga-style sounds to the latest hype sequencer.
- Reminder: if you are registered with SACEM, GEMA, or any other right-holding organization, you CANNOT enter this competition. (Otherwise the event will have to pay rights for your music)
- Any style is welcome, from pixel art to full-on 3D!
- Please include a few work-in-progress images with your entry (from first draft to final composition, wireframes for 3D)
Anything else, get crazy!
- From toasters to mechatronics, you can present anything fun!
- Please contact the organization team to plan ahead if you come with special hardware.
- You can also make a video of your thing if it's easier to explain or show what it is, but please also bring the original hardware if you can.
The compo machine will be a PC with Windows, on which we can install software as needed (e.g DOSBox). For anything funkier than that, please bring your own hardware or get in touch with us so that we can prepare the appropriate environment for your production.
- Xeon 6 cores HT
- 64GB RAM
- GTX 970